[sldev] [Upcoming Changes] Website Viewer Authentication

Boroondas Gupte sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch
Fri Sep 28 15:08:07 PDT 2007

Adam Frisby schrieb:
> Will the new login URL's include the ability to switch the IP of the
> server you are logging in to? (I imagine that will be essential for
> things like SLProxy, OpenSim and beta grids)
>
> ? :)
>
> Adam
Apropos OpenSim ... if I understand right, with the new system avatar
name and password can only be sent to an LL web server. How to log in to
an OpenSim sim at all? How can your (e.g. local) OpenSim sim
authenticate you (against its own User DB, not LL's) when it can't get
the login information?

Boroondas