[sldev] [VIEWER] Authentication

Dale Glass dale at daleglass.net
Sat Sep 29 08:05:49 PDT 2007

On Saturday 29 September 2007 13:53:11 Matthew Dowd wrote:
> >> Many of my users are regularly switching between two (that is>
> >> official and mine).
>
> What I suspect will happen if this does go ahead is that the third party
> viewers (Nicholaz, Donzatas etc.) will be modded to have the old logon
> interface and add some extra code behind the scened to do the
> appropriate GETs and POSTs on the website to log off any existing
> account and log on the new account, get the SLURL with the embedded
> token etc. to make life easier for those switching alts or clients.
Oh yes :-)

Nothing creates interest in alternative viewers like fixing, or at least
working around bad ideas implemented by LL.

Generally I've been staying away from this as I prefer to concentrate on my
own development, but it's becoming increasingly clear that some people
want a viewer with my changes and things like having the friends list
back, so I will start to work on that when I get things sorted out here.