[sldev] [VIEWER] Authentication

Nicholaz Beresford nicholaz at blueflash.cc
Sat Sep 29 08:32:46 PDT 2007

Dale Glass wrote:
>> What I suspect will happen if this does go ahead is that the third party
>> viewers (Nicholaz, Donzatas etc.) will be modded to have the old logon
>> interface and add some extra code behind the scened to do the
>> appropriate GETs and POSTs on the website to log off any existing
>> account and log on the new account, get the SLURL with the embedded
>> token etc. to make life easier for those switching alts or clients.
 >
> Oh yes :-)
>
> Nothing creates interest in alternative viewers like fixing, or at least
> working around bad ideas implemented by LL.

Oh yes :-)

Which would create the interesting situation that people using the
trusted Linden viewer would have to jump through the extra hoops,
while those using 3rd party viewers would go in pretty much the
old way.

Not that I'm looking for a larger audience of my builds, but this
would be a surefire way to gain more users.

> Generally I've been staying away from this as I prefer to concentrate on my
> own development, but it's becoming increasingly clear that some people
> want a viewer with my changes and things like having the friends list
> back, so I will start to work on that when I get things sorted out here.

Btw, the friends list stuff is pretty much two isolated patches in
my source archive.  They should apply without much hassle.

Nick