[sldev] Compiling

Lasse Öörni loorni at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 11:20:19 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 9:02 PM, Felix Duesenburg <kfa at gmx.net> wrote:
>  Only thing, now it won't run. Had to copy a few more dll's from the newview
> directory into the ReleaseForDownload folder to have it start without
> complaining, but now it seems to get stuck there. Only the little
> That's all it does for several minutes until I decide to kill it in the task
> manager. Anyone else experienced this before and has a pointer what to try
> next? Apart from advising to clear the cache, the wiki ends there.

Hi,
check if you have all the data files the viewer expects (app_settings,
character, fonts, skins directories). Fonts are especially critical,
because if they're not found, the viewer bombs with llerrs (fatal
error) quite near the beginning, however in my experience this usually
causes it to get stuck forever like you described. Also check what the
logfile says (<yourprofiledirectory>\Application Data\Second
Life\logs\SecondLife.log)

- Lasse / LudoCraft / realXtend project