[sldev] Estate Windlight Settings?

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 10:56:38 PDT 2008

On 2008-04-07, at 12:13, Robin Cornelius wrote:
> Matthew Dowd wrote:
>> My understanding is that the plan was when you entered a sim, the
>> client would download a set of default settings and configure
>> itself from that. An estate owner can upload that default set.
>

> Yes, any viewer that has "region defaults" set would see the version
> that the estate owner set.

This makes it even more important to bring back "nighttime
gamma" (and a corresponding "daytime gamma", and possibly other
overrides), because people need to be able to adjust the overall
brightness of the world to match their monitor, eyes, and real world
environment. No, changing the overall monitor gamma doesn't cut it,
if I turn my monitor gamma up enough to compensate for the current
night-time brightness everything else is washed out.

Without overriding gamma adjustments it may simply become impossible
for me to EVER turn on "region defaults".