[sldev] Requesting for texture

Dave Parks davep at lindenlab.com
Mon Apr 7 16:44:39 PDT 2008

See LLVOVolume::updateTextures. That's where the desired decode
resolution of textures is calculated. It's based on the approximate area
the object would take up on the screen if you were looking straight at
it from your current camera position. It looks like it's visibility
agnostic (ignores view angle and occlusion). If you want to see what
happens when textures for non-visible objects are not updated, uncomment
the "!mDrawable->isVisible()" early out.