[sldev] Plotting Data on SLURL

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 06:42:51 PDT 2008

Hi all,

Hope this is the right forum for my question. I did read through the
descriptions for all lists available and this seemed like to closest one for
my query.

Anyway, I am interested to plot some additional data on the map generated
from SLURL and was wondering if anyone knows if this is possible and legal
without offending the owners of slurl.com?

I had a quick look into this and since it uses Google Maps API it seems like
it should be quite easy to add additional data on the map. The only thing
that I could not work out was the initial X and Y, but I assume that this is
what SLURL application works out at server side based on the given slurl?
So, my question really is (in addition to if it is ok to use the great work
done by SLURL people like this), how to work out X and Y coordinates based
on the SLURL?

Regards,

Olli