[sldev] Error:unknown option -p when compiling out of the box on Mac

Aimee Walton aimee at ama-zing.co.uk
Sat Apr 12 18:05:22 PDT 2008

On Apr 13, 2008, at 01:46, Sammy Frederix wrote:

> On 13/04/2008, at 9:57 AM, Argent Stonecutter wrote:
>> On 2008-04-12, at 17:22, Aimee Walton wrote:
>>> Removing all my settings files and scratching my head a lot seem
>>> to make no difference. I get the feeling I'm missing something
>>> obvious :) anyone point me in the right direction to where the -p
>>> is coming from? Relevant bit of the log attached below.
>> Look in Contents/Resources/arguments.txt?
>
> It's Empty (I haven't actually looked into it beyond this, but I
> can see the same behaviour).

Ah, both glad and sad to see I'm not the only one :)

arguments.txt was my first port of call, it's empty.

I have a suspicion the erroneous -p  is being created by something
going off track during the parsing rather than actually being passed
in, though I could be barking up the wrong tree. It's only when
Second Life.app is run from the finder that it fails. Running from
Xcode or running Second\ Life.app/Contents/MacOS/Second\ Life from
the shell works fine.

Aimee.