[sldev] "ERROR: assert_glerror: GL Error:invalid value" when taking high-res snapshot in Deployment builds

Carsten Juttner carjay at gmx.net
Fri Apr 18 15:34:55 PDT 2008

Sammy Frederix wrote:
> Has anyone else been seeing "ERROR: assert_glerror: GL Error:invalid
> value" when running debug builds of the
> Branch_1-20-Viewer (rev:481) when high-res snapshots and trying to
> take one with Control-` ?

Hm, strangely enough, this error assert is commented out for Linux even
though there is a comment saying that it should be enabled for that
platform, too. :)

I'm tempted to turn it on and see what happens.

GL's error reporting mechanism is a bit unusual in that function never
directly return error codes but instead you have to check a
(context-)global variable every now and then. So to pinpoint the exact
call which is responsible for the "invalid" you need put a lot of
glError()-calls into the code and find the spot where it changes.

Regards,
Carsten