[sldev] What is the point of firstlook and giving feedback to LL

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Mon Apr 21 17:26:38 PDT 2008

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 09:34:26 -0700, Rob Lanphier wrote:

>>> Be happy: http://sldev.free.fr/
>>>
>>> I do not only criticize, I also contribute. All my patches were also
>>> submitted to the JIRA.... with little to no result.
>>>

>> ....but without a contribution agreement, so we can't accept the
>> changes  :-(
>>

> I already replied to you on this point: my patches are released under
> the GPL. You do not need a contribution agreement to apply GPLed patches
> to GPL code.
>
> Regards,

LL has its own agreement because they have been known to license the
code to 3rd parties under a commercial license that does not require
that party to contribute their private changes via GPL code, or such is
my understanding. If you want your patch folded into LL's distro of the
GPL code, you have to agree with their right to do the above.  They've
been pretty upfront about this issue, so...

Lawson