[sldev] [VWR] cmake-8 troubles

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 09:40:35 PDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

Still seem to be having a few issues with cmake-8, wonder if anyone
else is seeing the same or is it just me *again*

Working on a windows system with visual studio 2003.net ATM, i have
had this for a few weeks and its still present in the SVN checked out
a few hours ago.

* VWR-6370 - bison.bat seems to be called in visual studio project
file but does not exist

* VWR-6794 - cmake.py seems to be calling a tool called
tools\vstool\vstool.exe, which i can't find
the project files seem ok though.

* VWR-6233 - glh/glh_linear.h still missing from cmake tree (not in
svn or libs packages)
and now i can't find the correct glh_linear.h. I did have one that
worked, but it seems the one from the 1.19.1 branch is too old. I
*think* the one in 1.20.X is ok but don't have that to hand anyway, i
do know this part builds ok if you can find the correct header.

There are a few other misc issues under VWR-2871's sub tasks too.

* VWR-6369 - libexpatMT.lib missing (required for windows crash logger)
not in libs package.

* VWR-6372 - quicktime headers not found (windows)(cmake-8)
actually a feature request. The Quicktime SDK installs its self in
c:\Program Files\Quicktime SDK\ To save the builder the haste of
copying headers around which is messy, let cmake search the default
QuickTime SDK path
(patch attached, or in line actualy on the comments as its so trival)

and a linux issue :-

* VWR-6330 Cmake: prebuilt libraries missing xmlrpc-epi.so
can't currently confirm this one,as its not one of mine but it was an
issue very recently.

Thanks for any help here!

Robin