[sldev] SL viewer chrash while login to OpenSim server

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 05:36:22 PDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Mircea Pilat <mpilat at ubicore.ro> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Trying to connect with :
>   Second Life viewer, version 1.20.15 (July 23rd 2008)
>   at OpenSim server - version 0.5.8 - (official build)
>
>    - first it starts OK, showing the Login WEB page.
>    - after I complete the login form and press the "Connect" button - SL client crash.
>  The server console show Authenticated user.
>
>  Command line used to connect:
>  c:\> SecondLife.exe -loginuri http://opemsimServer:9000/ -loginpage http://opensimServer:9000/?method=login

Have you tried looking at the log for any more detailed info on why it
crashed? When playing with opensim I've only ever used the -loginuri
might be worth testing without the -loginpage. What about the opensim
log, anything strange there too?

If that fails you may need to compile your own viewer so you can run
it under debug to see what is wrong.

Robin