[sldev] Inventory user interface needs improvement (Re: Physical Object Prim Limitation)

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 06:12:18 PDT 2008

On 2008-07-31, at 18:42, Dale Mahalko wrote:
> With the current totally inadequate inventory system, to reorder the
> primitives in a linkset you have to: rez the object in-world, unlink
> the entire linkset, deselect everything, hold down shift and carefully
> reselect each part in order, relink, and take it back into your
> inventory. (This is assuming you don't screw up halfway through
> reselecting your 200 prims and have to unlink it all and start over
> again.)

You shouldn't need to unlink the whole thing for this case, just
unlink the first N prims, link them together, then link the rest of
the prims because you don't care about the order...

I suspect that you'd need fairly deep changes in the asset system to
implement this change in the user interface, by the way.

Not that I don't like it, I'm just sayin'...