[sldev] CMake build fails in windows VC2003 llkdu.dll missing

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 15:48:00 PDT 2008

Dazz Anvil wrote:

> A search of the directories under "c:\secondlife" reveals that the
> file llkdu.dll is not present.
>
> The asset_urls.txt file is asking for:
> http://secondlife.com/developers/opensource/downloads/2008/07/slviewer-win32-libs-release-r93138.zip.
> I'm assuming this is the zip file that is supposed to contain the
> precompiled libraries. There are, however, only a few fonts in that
> zip file. This particular zip file is only 96KBytes long compared to
> slviewer-win32-libs-Branch_1-20-Viewer-2-r92456.zip, available from
> the wiki source download page, which does contain llkdu.dll and is
> 53MBytes long.

No the libs tarball no longer contains all the libs (not for source code
building anyway), they are automatically downloaded at the start of the
cmake process. It does look indeed like the llkdu is not in the current
download list, i ment to mention this but forgot.

> Should I attempt to build with the libraries from the RC viewer, or is
> there another set of libraries I should be getting from SVN? Any ideas?

You could steal llkdu.dll from the RC or remove llkdu.dll from the
copy_win_libs file (thats what i did).

Robin