[sldev] VS2003 compile errors: missing EZ LCD, unneeded test project

Dale Mahalko dmahalko at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 14:22:25 PDT 2008

This is an FYI, not an actual problem since I know how to deal with it.

It seems most of the debug builds in the RCs and the latest 1-20-15
all have a bad reference to an EZ-LCD library, and they include an
enabled project called "test" that isn't needed to compile the viewer.

If I allow the viewer to build "debug" with the test project enabled,
it always fails because it cannot find "llphysics.lib" --- hmm, would
you mind giving me the Havok physics source project files so I can
compile this??? :-)

------ Build started: Project: test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Compiling...
[. . . .]
common.cpp(500) : warning C4307: '+' : integral constant overflow
common.cpp(563) : warning C4307: '+' : integral constant overflow
common.cpp(607) : warning C4307: '+' : integral constant overflow
Generating Code...
Linking...
LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to '/FORCE' specification
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'llphysics.lib'

Build log was saved at
"file://c:\SL_Viewer_Builds\1_20_15\linden\indra\test\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
test - 1 error(s), 4 warning(s)

Usually I go in and disable "test" in the Build Configuration Manager
and it can be skipped without a problem.

Next up, I usually cannot build the viewer "out of the box", because
it cannot find the file "EZ_LCD_Wrapper_d.lib":

Build started: Project: newview, Configuration: Debug Win32
[. . . .]
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'EZ_LCD_Wrapper_d.lib'

Doing some searching I see there is a single library with EZ_LCD in
the name, and it is called "EZ_LCD_Wrapper.lib" located in
C:\SL_Viewer_Builds\1_20_15\linden\libraries\i686-win32\lib_release

- Copy this to have name of "EZ_LCD_Wrapper_d.lib" in same directory
- Build project again:
- Still fails with same error.

I put another copy of this "EZ_LCD_Wrapper_d.lib" into
C:\SL_Viewer_Builds\1_20_15\linden\libraries\i686-win32\lib_debug

- Build again.
- Build Succeeds

I do not know if making this copy of the "EZ_LCD_Wrapper.lib" is
really the proper fix for the problem. All I do know is that the
compile completes, but if this isn't the correct way to fix the
problem then it might cause me unknown viewer problems later.

- Scalar Tardis / Dale Mahalko