[sldev] Avatar Data Files - Formula for bone weights

Domino Marama mark at identityserver.net
Wed Aug 13 15:10:08 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm using the wiki documentation at
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Avatar_Appearance to write an import
script for the avatar into Blender (http://dominodesigns.info)

I'm not sure how the weights in the .llm files are supposed to be used.
As the weights in the file aren't in the expected 0.0 to 1.0 range, I'm
assuming there's some math involved, but there's nothing obvious coming
to mind.

The major part I'm missing is the bone weights, is there some formula I
should be using to generate these? So far I've done the entire importer
just from the wiki info and I'd prefer to finish it without needing to
dive into the client code if possible.

Thanks,
Domino