[sldev] Avatar Data Files - Formula for bone weights

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at watson.ibm.com
Thu Aug 14 07:27:57 PDT 2008

Ah those tricky Lindens! :-)

The implementation is in llviewerjointmesh.cpp.  It turns out that each
weight actually contains two pieces of information.  The number to the
left of the decimal point is the index of the joint and also implicitly
indexes to the following joint.  The actual weight is to the right of
the decimal point and interpolates between these two joints.

I've added this to the wiki page.

Mike