[sldev] Scalable Sim Question

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 05:01:07 PDT 2008

On 2008-08-14, at 06:00, Spot wrote:
> Perhaps I am unclear on the goal. I thought the entire point was to
> create grid interoperability where someone could bounce from grid
> to grid to grid if they so wished (ala first few chapters of
> Snowcrash with the 'countries' of Los Angeles).

That's true, but the goal has nothing to do with the security issue.
My point was not that you should have to get multiple accounts, but
that the fact that you can get a free account means that completely
blocking access from another grid doesn't actually provide any real
security from that grid's users.

> Much of this stuff really falls under control of the population's
> expectations. If people are made _aware_ that assets from this grid
> can/and do exist in these other grids, then they will not have
> their expectations broken.

That's not what people's expectations are, though.