[sldev] Git-based viewer source archive

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 11:27:10 PDT 2008

Jacek Antonelli wrote:
> I've set up a Git repository containing the source for every release
> or release candidate of the viewer since January 2007. It could prove
> useful for anyone interested in using Git to manage a viewer fork or
> working copy for patch development. If you're not interested in using
> Git, you can safely ignore this message.

hah, i've had a git tree for a few months ;-)

http://git.debian.org/git/pkg-games/slviewer.git/
http://git.debian.org/git/pkg-games/slviewer-artwork.git/

What i do on mine is merge in release versions and some RC's with
pristine-tar so all upstream are tagged and available as unmodified and
the debian packaging is in the Master branch in a debian/ folder

But yea git is sweet for this kind of development. I think the Lindens
are looking at hg (Mecurial) for a VCS system internally and that is a
dynamic distributed system like git and BoS (literately) wrote the book
on it.

Thanks for the effort though, can never have enough git trees ;-p and a
pure tree based on only the official sources will have some advantages
as mine would require faffing about but is perfect for debian users
trying to build debian packages, but less useful for everyone else.

Robin