[sldev] GPL issues....

Gareth Nelson gareth at litesim.com
Sat Aug 16 14:15:20 PDT 2008

Who said anything about sueing? I wouldn't even have standing to sue,
since I haven't got any patches in the viewer (the reason for this by
the way is in fact the contributor agreement - otherwise i'd be a hell
of a lot more active with viewer development).

I also stated that i'm "not as concerned about" Nicholaz since he's a
decent guy, not "it's fine for him to violate the license because he's
a decent guy". I haven't yet bothered to contact Nicholaz simply
because I doubt he'd really respond in the same arrogant manner Henri
has. Henri's response was literally to state that the viewer isn't
GPLed, but his patches are. If the attitude is that it's fine for him
to claim this, then  fair enough - I won't bother. However, let that
meme get spread around and it'll be a ticking timebomb to more serious
violations.