[sldev] GPL issues....

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 05:15:20 PDT 2008

On 2008-08-17, at 04:10, Marine Kelley wrote:
> I don't have any patch management system, do not know what git is
> (yes I know there is a thread about it in the list, didn't take the
> time to read it yet), nor quilt, pristine tar, nor can manage a
> debian package to save my life. Yes I work in the IT industry.

You don't need to use GIT, you can use SVN or CVS. I don't know about
SVN but there are some good integrated-with-windows-explorer CVS
implementations for windows.

> So here is what I suggest : let all the regular and well-organized
> Linux developers maintain and release their own "tarballs", and all
> the other OS devs like me can get stuffed.

I'm not sure I understand your point. There are several ZIP tools for
windows that can create a ZIP file (the Windows equivalent of a
tarball) of your source tree with one right-click.