[sldev] GPL issues....

Jason Giglio gigstaggart at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 11:16:06 PDT 2008

Marine Kelley wrote:

>> There are at least 20 copyright holders on the viewer code base (myself
>> included).  Any of them can bring an action.
>>

> I do not use any patch from anybody else than me. The code I provide is
> solely mine, and needs to be applied on the vanilla LL codebase only.

Sorry to jump backward in the thread, but even the code Linden Lab
distributes has multiple copyright claims to it, because the contributor
agreement does not remove the rights of the original author to enforce
copyright infringement claims.

So you could be sued by anyone that has ever had a patch accepted by
Linden Lab if you infringe on the copyright by violating the terms of
the GPL.  I don't think anyone would, but you never know.

-Jason