[sldev] Just to tantalize SL enthusiasts and developers imaginations a little more.... check out this augmented reality article

Jordi Polo mumismo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 22:27:08 PDT 2008

Know technology BTW.
Look for artoolkit on youtube, I guess several similar things can be found,
if not, look on google or in scholar.google.com

Being special coded makes the recognition easy and fast. The research on
that field is in recognize non-coded objects.
Anyway, it is a very good idea to use it for real life programs (there is a
game on PS3 using it already)

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 8:42 AM, Fire in Korea <fire at eslteacherlink.co.kr>wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> So coming this October is software from Japan where you point your webcam
> at your desk, place a real life special coded cube in the web cam's field of
> view, and it gets replaced on your screen with an animated character.
> place another cube on the desk, and you can interact with the Character!
> Imagine this way of interacting with SL avatars...
>

> http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/148924/augmented_reality_coming_to_your_desktop_soon.html
>
> --
> Paul Preibisch
> Creative Director