[sldev] building with cmake

second loop secondloop at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 01:57:58 PDT 2008

hi,

i tried building the maint-render-7 branch tonight, to begin working
on updating the umich stereoscopic patches found here:
http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-2972

i was wondering, what does triage mean exactly?

i'm using Visual C++ Express 2005, the version which is free for
students to download. So I had to change develop.py to recognize that
version first. I've attached a patch for that change, but I'm
compiling now, so I'm not sure if it compiles yet.

also, to get develop.py to work, i had to download and install putty
and copy pscp.exe to c:\program files\scp.exe.

then, i followed these lovely directions to dl the libs and artwork:
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Michelle2_Zenovka/cmake#Get_the_source

but for some reason cygwin's unzip wouldn't unzip the files. so i used
winrar to unzip them, which worked.

also, to get develop.py to configure, i had to comment out a few
source files which hve apparently been removed from svn. this was a
bit disconcerting, and i'm wondering if this is going to cause
problems. i attached the CMakeLists.txt.diff file for the llrender
directory with the list of the missing source files.

oh, i also took out the QUICKTIME_LIBRARY requirement from
newview/CMakeLists.txt because i didn't feel like downloading another
sdk, but you don't need a patch for that.

develop.py gave an error still, which i'm assuming was related to the
note about how the expres version doesn't allow you to change some
project variables from the command line, but the sln file was still
generated and it compiled mostly, but now that it's done compiling, I
think there must be a lot missing from the sln file. am I wrong? are
there a few settings I can add to get it to compile in VC++Express?

Here is the error I'm currently getting, after compiling everything
and then compiling again so I only get the output of what isn't
working...

------ Build started: Project: copy_win_libs, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Copying llkdu.dll C:/src/maint-render-7/indra/build-vc80/newview/RelWithDebInfo
Error copying file (if different) from
"C:/src/maint-render-7/indra/../libraries/i686-win32/lib/release/llkdu.dll"
to "C:/src/maint-render-7/indra/build-vc80/newview/RelWithDebInfo/llkdu.dll".
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Copying
llkdu.dll C:/src/maint-render-7/indra/build-vc80/newview/RelWithDebInfo"
Build log was saved at
"file://c:\src\maint-render-7\indra\build-vc80\newview\copy_win_libs.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
copy_win_libs - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: secondlife-bin, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Setting the secondlife-bin working directory for debugging.
Editing solution: C:/src/maint-render-7/indra/build-vc80/SecondLife.sln
Looking for existing VisualStudio instance...
  Didn't find open solution, starting new background VisualStudio instance...
  Reading .sln file version...
  Using version: VC80...
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
Quitting do to error opening:
C:\src\maint-render-7\indra\build-vc80\SecondLife.sln
Verifying message template
master: http://secondlife.com/app/message_template/master_message_template.msg
current: C:\src\maint-render-7\scripts\messages\message_template.msg
--- PASS ---
Same

Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'fmodvc.lib'
Build log was saved at
"file://c:\src\maint-render-7\indra\build-vc80\newview\secondlife-bin.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
secondlife-bin - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Skipped Build: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
------ Skipped Build: Project: server, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
------ Skipped Build: Project: viewer, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 23 up-to-date, 3 skipped ==========

thanks,

  azdel