[sldev] Tools menu autohiding fix in the 1.21 branch reverted?

Ramzi ramzi at lindenlab.com
Fri Aug 22 12:52:55 PDT 2008

Aimee is correct here-- the Public Nightly viewers are being built from
an internal side-branch.  Thus, some public bugs are fixed in the side
branch, outside the trunk.  We try to address all the regressions, plus
stabilize the viewer's crash performance, in a side branch before
propagating the fixes back to the trunk.

In this case, the fix for VWR-6328 is in the internal branch for now,
and is still waiting to be verified A-OK by our Quality team, before
it's allowed to propagate back to the trunk.

PS:  are you interested in receiving these Public Nightly builds?  We
have a small group of amazing residents who are helping to test them;
usually about 2 builds per week.  This is in direct response to
Residents who asked us to implement a more standard "beta" cycle before
nominating a "Release Candidate".  We're making progress there, and the
group has already identified some 10 gnarly bugs that no one else will
ever have to see in RC0.
If you'd like to join the effort, there is more info at
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Public_Nightly !

best!
Ramzi

Ambrosia wrote:
> I think the build numbers on the external svn pretty much match the
> build numbers on the internal nightly branches. That's why you get
> such huge jumps of build numbers on the svn.
>
> 94829 is the latest nightly build mentioned on the release notes page,
> and the external svn got updated to 94834 today/yesterday.
>
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 12:28, Aimee Walton <aimee at ama-zing.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I may be wrong on this, but my impression was the nightly builds are built
>> from the internal release branch, so are ahead of the external trunk on SVN?
>>
>> Aimee.
>>
>> On Aug 22, 2008, at 08:34, Ambrosia wrote:
>>

>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> According to the 1.21 Nightly Build release notes at
>>>
>>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Public_Nightly/1.21
>>> , build 94534 and onward have a fix of
>>>
>>> Fixed: VWR-6328: Request for "Tools" menu to not auto-hide.
>>>
>>> However, when looking at the 1.21 build 94834 on the svn,
>>> llFloaterTools.cpp clearly has
>>>
>>>        gMenuBarView->setItemVisible(std::string("Tools"), FALSE);
>>>        gMenuBarView->arrange();
>>>
>>> in onClose, lines 815 and 816, and
>>>
>>>        gMenuBarView->setItemVisible(std::string("Tools"), TRUE);
>>>        gMenuBarView->arrange();
>>>
>>> in onOpen, lines 781 and 782.
>>>
>>> The same goes for llViewerMenu.cpp,
>>>
>>>    gMenuBarView->setItemVisible("Tools", FALSE);
>>>        gMenuBarView->arrange();
>>>
>>> on lines 705 and 706.
>>>

>>> Did the fix get reverted by accident? There are seemingly no if()
>>> conditions that control this behavor, which makes me guess there is no
>>> 'do not hide the tools menu' option implemented either.
>>>
>>> --Chalice Yao
>>> Policies and (un)subscribe information available here:
>>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev
>>> Please read the policies before posting to keep unmoderated posting
>>> privileges

>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev
>> Please read the policies before posting to keep unmoderated posting
>> privileges

> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev

Ramzi Ramey
ramzi at lindenlab.com :: www.secondlife.com