[sldev] Just to tantalize SL enthusiasts and developers imaginations a little more.... check out this augmented reality article

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 04:49:52 PDT 2008

Damn, I was hoping that this was something that would control an
avatar by tracking your movements.

I want augmented reality, too, but it's when I'm *not* at my desk
that I need it. I'd love to have SL-like nametags hovering over
people's heads in my semitransparent digital sunglasses, and even
getting people in RL replaced by their avatars... but I don't see
anything tied to my desktop as augmented reality.