[sldev] realXtend Global inventory tests successful

Ann Otoole missannotoole at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 08:26:12 PDT 2008

Sean, last time I checked you are not the Linden Lab General Council so let's hear from the Linden Lab General Council on this before a LL employee causes damage.

The problem is there are no mechanisms in place to prevent removal of content from Secondlife that is not licensed to be taken from Secondlife.

All that exists is an inadequate c/m/t permissions structure that many of us want changed.
So Linden lab needs to step up, hire some more IP lawyer consultants, and set this framework up right.

Why do I get upset over this? Because I do not want to see LL/SL get slammed shut by lawyers.

Do it right. Do it right up front. Stop trying to be techies and do the code part before requirements.

Build the requirements up properly and then build the code to meet the requirements.

c/m/t does not cut it.