[sldev] realXtend Global inventory tests successful

Tammy Nowotny TammyNowotny at mac.com
Fri Aug 22 11:34:22 PDT 2008

Sean Linden wrote:
> There are no Linden Lab lawyers on this list that I'm aware of. And
> the ownership of content in Second Life is already well established;
> it does not require a lawyer to discuss it. What the permissions mean
> in the context of multiple grids and what license they imply (if any)
> is a completely different matter and not one I can discuss.

I am not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV.  My understanding of the
fine print is that I own the rights to anything I create in Second Life,
which includes the right to export it outside SL, including to other
SL-like grids.  Also, if I make content available in SL, I am giving
Linden Lab the right to use it in-world as part of the enviromnet which
anyone can see... for example, I have to let them make my textures
available to anyone who flies within sight of them.

Where it does get a little tricky is when someone tries to take it to
another grid.  But there definitely ARE legitimate reasons for moving
content from one grid to another, and I think Ann's suggestion (i.e., as
I understand it at least, she wants LL to banish anyone who even tries
to do such a  thing) is unwise.  And I also would be shocked to learn
that such behavior is a violation of my existing agrrements with LL.