[sldev] realXtend Global inventory tests successful

azdel slade secondloop at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 14:16:29 PDT 2008

Sean is right here. This is how copyright works IRL. If you create an
artwork, say a photograph, you own the copyright, even if you haven't
legally filed it yet. And you should be upset, because if we don't get
interoperability between grids, then we can be sure that the future of
the metaverse will be as short lived as any corporation, in this case
linden labs. I am very much looking forward to being able to move
inventory between grids and having it work.

All this draconian IP control that people are demanding is so 18th
century. Get with it folks. If you can see it in SL, then it's already
in memory on your machine and people will do what they want with it.
Its inevitable. Of all places, SL is a wonderful place to find new
models beyond copy restriction. The last thing I want is the SLAA to
replace the RIAA, so stop asking for it, please. If you want to see SL
continue to grow (and exist) than we need working interoperability
between grids. Of all places, the open source developer's list should
understand this.

  azdel