Exporting stuff, permissions, and licenses (was Re: [sldev] realXtend Global inventory tests successful)

Gareth Nelson gareth at litesim.com
Sun Aug 24 18:27:37 PDT 2008

That was precisely my point, a computer can't parse a license
expressed as natural language (at least this side of the singularity
;)), but it can parse single flags.

As for whether it actually enforces anything: no, it doesn't at all.
However, it would be nice to have a much clearer way to determine
author intent which automated tools can use. I still haven't contacted
the person who made my glorious flexiprim hair to confirm whether I
can export it, and a simple flag would make this task much easier.
(The flexiprim hair is of course but one thing i'd dearly love to
export).