[sldev] My question about intellectual property and Second Life

Brandon Lockaby gbrandon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 16:16:28 PDT 2008

I have one question about intellectual property and Second Life.  Please
consider how much this clarification will help focus the discussions of
intellectual property.

Is Linden Lab responsible for protecting the intellectual property of the
content creators who deposit content in Second Life?

My understanding is that Linden Lab is responsible for responding to DMCA
claims, like any other service provider should.  But the suggestion of
machine-enforceable copy protection--is it out of scope, or not?

I really hope it's not too grating to ask this.  Is there another forum
where we should seek an answer (please don't say JIRA and have us wait a
year though :D)?