[sldev] Request for help with modifying client camera behavior

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 17:34:18 PDT 2008

On 2008-08-27, at 13:02, Kent Quirk (Q Linden) wrote:
> Well, it seems to me that the "erratic" camera movement is due more
> to artifacts in the mouse picking code than to any issues relative
> to smoothing.  At least I assume that's what you're talking about
> (when you use alt+click to rotate the camera around an object and
> end up looking at the sun or something).

The ones in 1.20 that are most annoying are the ones where there's a
prim or avatar behind you, but not quite in the way of the camera,
and the camera goes into this nasty feedback loop jumping into and
out of the bounding box or something of the prim. Playing with the
camera parameters just changes the rate, it doesn't get rid of it.