[sldev] [HELP] How do I create an installer/setup file?

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at watson.ibm.com
Thu Dec 4 08:58:37 PST 2008

karen.chow wrote:
> Also, when I double-click on secondlife-bin.exe, I get the error below.
> Is this not the exe file for my compiled code? It runs if I use the
> debug option on Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition.
>
> ERROR: LLAppViewer::initConfiguration: Cannot load default configuration
> file
>
> C:\...\linden\indra\build-VC80\newview\relwithdebinfo\app_settings\settings_files.xml

I usually run in the directory of the installed SecondLife viewer.  It
saves all of the copying of files.  The easiest way to do that is to set
up a shortcut to your secondlife-bin.exe and modify the properties of
the shortcut to run in c:\Program Files\SecondLife, then double-click on
the shortcut.

Mike