[sldev] Avatar mesh/morph exporter/importer

Khyota dnbyena at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 09:27:20 PST 2008

On Wednesday 17 December 2008 11:54:49 am Mike Monkowski wrote:
> I've added a patch to http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-6199 that
> does not do all of what the issue asks for, but it does do some
> interesting things.
>
> 1. It provides a menu structure created by selecting "Meshes And
> Morphs..." from the Advanced->Character menu.
> 2. Its primary purpose is to allow machinimators to modify the Emote
> morphs (using a 3D graphics editor) to build more expressive avatars.
> 3. A secondary purpose is to allow residents to export their current
> appearance meshes to 3D graphics editors in order to map textures
> better. I'd also be interested to see if it's possible, using other
> tools, to then import the mesh as a sculpty to make a mannequin.
>
> The patch is applied to version 1.21.6 of the source code.
>
> Since I don't distribute a binary, I was hoping I could entice someone
> who does to incorporate this patch into their viewer.  You can find more
> details at the link given above.
>
> Mike
> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev
> privileges

This sounds really exciting, This sounds really exciting, i applied the patch
to trunk without error, but when i compiled i got this.

In file included from /home/silver/trunk/indra/newview/llviewerjointmesh.h:37,
                 from /home/silver/trunk/indra/newview/llvoavatar.h:46,
                 from /home/silver/trunk/indra/newview/llcallingcard.cpp:62:
/home/silver/trunk/indra/newview/llpolymesh.h:186: error: extra
qualification ‘L                                             LPolyMesh::’ on
member ‘getSharedMeshName’
/home/silver/trunk/indra/newview/llpolymesh.h:330: error: extra
qualification ‘L                                             LPolyMesh::’ on
member ‘getMorphList’
make[2]: *** [newview/CMakeFiles/secondlife-bin.dir/llcallingcard.o] Error 1
In file included from /home/silver/trunk/indra/newview/llappviewer.cpp:100:
/home/silver/trunk/indra/newview/llpolymesh.h:186: error: extra
qualification ‘L                                             LPolyMesh::’ on
member ‘getSharedMeshName’
/home/silver/trunk/indra/newview/llpolymesh.h:330: error: extra
qualification ‘L                                             LPolyMesh::’ on
member ‘getMorphList’
In file included from /home/silver/trunk/indra/newview/llviewerjointmesh.h:37,
                 from /home/silver/trunk/indra/newview/llvoavatar.h:46,
                 from /home/silver/trunk/indra/newview/llagent.cpp:121:
/home/silver/trunk/indra/newview/llpolymesh.h:186: error: extra
qualification ‘L                                             LPolyMesh::’ on
member ‘getSharedMeshName’
/home/silver/trunk/indra/newview/llpolymesh.h:330: error: extra
qualification ‘L                                             LPolyMesh::’ on
member ‘getMorphList’
make[2]: *** [newview/CMakeFiles/secondlife-bin.dir/llagent.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [newview/CMakeFiles/secondlife-bin.dir/llappviewer.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [newview/CMakeFiles/secondlife-bin.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Did i miss somethin?

Khyota