[sldev] llMozLib vs Webkit

Sam Kolb (Samuel Linden) skolb at lindenlab.com
Mon Feb 4 17:16:37 PST 2008

Marv,

It is really impossible to make that determination without spending some
time evaluating that development path.  Webkit shows promise, but also
the potential to have some of the same pitfalls as Mozilla.  The
underlying Media API we will deliver with the forthcoming Parcel Media
release will make implementing a separate media renderer that much
easier.  It doesn't really make sense to delay this release to implement
a webkit solution when that isn't really the point of the project.  Once
the new API is out, we can then begin exploring other options for HTML
rendering.

-Sam