[sldev] SLVoice / Vivox Replacement

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at watson.ibm.com
Fri Feb 8 13:16:08 PST 2008

Bernhard Rode wrote:
> Hello to the list,
> I just read the Wiki about SL Voice and the Vivox Client.
>
> I wonder if there are any plans / projects out there to replace the
> SLVoice Vivox client.
>
> As far as I understand the current situation, it should be possible to
> use any external SIP gateway which is able to set up Sessions.
>
> I mean their are many open sourced sip projects out there, which may be
> used.

On Wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_VoIP_software
) I see two open source VoIP systems listed that run on MS Windows, Mac
OSX, and Linux: Coccinella and WengoPhone, but Coccinella (
http://thecoccinella.org/ ) doesn't look like a VoIP system.  So it
looks like WengoPhone ( http://www.openwengo.org/ ) is the only cross
platform open source system.  Are you aware of others?  Any experience
with WengoPhone?

Mike