[sldev] SLVoice / Vivox Replacement

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at watson.ibm.com
Thu Feb 7 13:34:29 PST 2008

Yeah, but without the actual SLVoice.exe source, the pieces are just
pieces, they're not SLVoice.  Which is to say that it wouldn't be that
hard to replace all of the Vivox implementation, but it would be nice to
be able to modify parts of it without having to do a complete rewrite.

But, as you say, the barriers are mainly time and money, so when someone
decides that the hope for open source SLVoice is in vain, then a
replacement will be built.

Mike