[sldev] Notifications redesign

Ryan Williams (Which) rdw at lindenlab.com
Tue Feb 12 22:34:56 PST 2008

Argent Stonecutter wrote:
> The alarm log should probably go into chat log (and by the way I like
> having the URL of teleports in the chat log, that's an easy and clever
> way to handle teleport history... though that should really be a
> secondlife: URL and not a SLURL).

Speaking purely personally, I'd rather we didn't put more into the chat
log.  I like to use the chat log for, well, chat.  I feel like it's
almost to the point where I need a perl script just to parse my log and
tell me what was said in the last 5 minutes, instead of poking through a
jillion friend notifications, voice connection status, etc.  Hell, I do
use a perl script to generate transcripts for my office hours.  Perhaps
there could be a distinction between all events that have happened to
you and the actual spoken-by-avatars chat history.  Or, to propose a
pony that is probably needlessly generic, chat log filtering by type.

Yes, I know, wah wah wah.  Just wanted to throw my two cents in here.

Oh and I agree that it should be a secondlife: url.

-RYaN