[sldev] Timing of source releases (Re: Sources for WindLight v1.19.0.79674 ?)

Soft soft at lindenlab.com
Wed Feb 13 17:48:21 PST 2008

On Feb 13, 2008 7:44 PM, Rob Lanphier <robla at lindenlab.com> wrote:

> Mike, addressing your implicit question:
> > I haven't really figured out what the sldev-commits tarballs are good
> > for.  Unless they can be used to build a full install image (which is
> > a very long way off if it should ever happen) they can't reliably be
> > used for development.
>
> It should be possible to use the sldev-commits tarballs to build a full
> install image.

If that's not the case, please JIRA and discuss. At present, the svn
drops should include everything that was produced by the release team,
with the bonus of doc/asset_urls.txt to help you automate fetching of
the art and (if you use them) library tarballs.

The point of these sldev-commits releases is to give a finer-grained
view of our development process. If you see something unwanted pop up,
you can pinpoint when it happened to within a couple days now.