[sldev] Timing of source releases (Re: Sources for WindLight v1.19.0.79674 ?)

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 07:06:14 PST 2008

On 2008-02-14, at 08:47, Mike Monkowski wrote:
> I can understand why LL may want snapshots of their development,
> but I don't see how it helps open source developers.

It would help more if OS developers could check in patches. :)

That's not entirely up to Linden Labs. If there was a single "open
SL" repository and all the OS developers worked against it, it could
track the LL repository and maintain a "LINDEN" branch and an "OPEN"
branch, and use SVN tools to merge and compare them.

But even without that, it does let you see if the patch you're making
is going to be compatible with incoming changes and give you a better
baseline for patches that ARE going to be compatible with LL.