[sldev] Timing of source releases (Re: Sources for WindLightv1.19.0.79674 ?)

Anders Arnholm Anders at Arnholm.se
Fri Feb 15 06:13:33 PST 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 11:31:10AM -0500, Scott Squires wrote:

> release.  So now we have more information than ever, and yet more whining.

The wining have been about one minor detail, the only think we have
before, making teh same build at users could download. Wich is really
good so you can make a tar ball, zip archive that unpacka into the SL
dir as you can't redistribute all needed files. Is lost, I hope, and
trust, Lindens to fix this details as well.

> our own code than we have ever had, and now we have people saying we should
> go backwards to when we only got code at releases.

Yes becase the lost one important feature in the move,

> Lab's relationship with the open source community, but unless they are
> expressed constructively, these criticisms are doing more harm than good.

I hope these small details can be worked out soon, before relese of th1
1.19 at least or it not ad back the old way as an extra. (We still have
out build scripts for that.)

/ Balp, and the last windlight svn drop looks to work, i have not yet
verified if i patched in any extra files from the build script that are
missing from LL read glh_* missing...)
--
      o_   Anders Arnholm,               HiQ - Consultant
 o/  /\    anders at arnholm.nu             Phone  : +46-703-160969