[sldev] [VWR] bone without position - on PowerPC

Philippe Bossut pbossut at kei.com
Tue Feb 19 22:30:39 PST 2008

Hi,

On Feb 19, 2008, at 6:35 AM, Robin Cornelius wrote:

> Is there a *safe* fscanf that can be used in this situation? as the
> xml files are indeed fixed locale so it makes no sense to process them
> with a variable locale at all. Should we be switching locale with a
> setlocale("POSIX") or setlocale("C") (infact just setlocale() does the
> same thing), for the config files then ensuring the users locale is
> returned for all UI related business?

Newbie naive question/proposal: have we ever considered using ICU
(http://www.icu-project.org/userguide/)? Seems like ICU was
specifically designed to fix that problem (and more...). FWIW, I've
used ICU on other projects with great success.

If we have considered ICU and voted against it, what was the rationale?

BTW, this could somewhat be linked to the localization requirements
of the XO project.

Cheers,
- Philippe