[sldev] Re: Commercial CAVEs / stereoscopic displays

Dale Mahalko dmahalko at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 22:23:56 PST 2008

Personally I see no problem with mentioning it even if for commercial
purposes, since the integration of SL with stereo-3D technology is
currently highly uncommon. Any work to raise awareness of doing it
seems like a good thing.

It would be nice if there were someone doing reviews of stereo-capable
hardware as to the speed, clarity, usable framerates, and reliability
of the hardware. But it is such a niche and expensive market right now
that no common person can afford to buy this stuff to review it. There
is no "Tom's 3D-Stereo Hardware"..  :-)

The whole standing-VR thing is going to have to go, in my opinion. I
get major foot and leg pain from standing for just a few hours, but
all these active VR things for for "real work" and interaction seem
optimized for standing. I need a chair in there.