[sldev] Roadmap: 1.19.0 Viewer

Anders Arnholm Anders at Arnholm.se
Tue Jan 8 10:45:08 PST 2008

Joshua Bell skrev:
> As might be inferred from the number, we are planning on making the
> 1.19.0 Viewer update mandatory for residents at some point in the near
> future – probably early February. There are two stages to this:

Personalty I think mandatory should be reserved for when protocol
changes. Half political mandatory like the RC series are not good.

> * Auto-joining group chat sessions has been removed
> ** Group members must explicitly choose to actively "join" their SL
> Group's chat sessions after they log in.

This will be deadly on clubs in SL and increase the notice sending very
much... (Hope you have loaded up some more mail servers...)

> And while I'm here, here's what we're expecting in 1.18.6 RC4 (deltas
> from RC3) - some of the changes failed QA so we'll need to iterate a bit:
>
> * Language names need to have a consistent format in preferences drop-down
> * QuickTime disabled message cannot be ignored
> * Linux client doesn't recognize that a viewer is already running
> * Display HTML error page in selected language when viewer is unable to
> connect to second life URL
> * VWR-3667;About Land > Access: On group owned land, group owner gets
> eject message when "Public Access" is unchecked
> * VWR-3829: Cursor in Logon edit boxes difficult to see
> * VWR-3501: Create/Edit Gesture window preview button blanks after pressing
> * VWR-4010: New search does not accept non ASCII characters
> * VWR-3539: Communicate window width will no longer resize smaller in
> 1.18.5.3

To bad non of the top wishes in JIRA are on the way to be solved... Like
removal of communicate window, more than 25 groups. The stuff we
resident so long for...

Btw Thanx for sharing the plans...

Balp

believed to be clean.