[sldev] Roadmap: 1.19.0 Viewer

ordinal.malaprop at fastmail.fm ordinal.malaprop at fastmail.fm
Tue Jan 8 14:17:10 PST 2008

Might I respectfully suggest that this major UI change be kept until
there is a way to set automatic preferences without rewriting and
recompiling the viewer, and have people be able to change back to the
previous state easily? I think that an option to turn off group IMs
for certain groups would be very popular - but people have already
filtered their groups down, in most cases, to those that they don't
mind hearing IMs on.

Certainly it will be a pain in the rear end for me - estate problems
are announced on estate groups - and I don't even have a huge number
of responsibilities.