[sldev] API for account balance

Jason Giglio gigstaggart at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 09:09:34 PST 2008

Phoenix wrote:
> This is on the horizon, but not available any time soon. We do not have
> sufficient infrastructure at this time to handle the millions of scripts
> that take advantage of this service of the form:
>
> while(1)
> {
>   llSay(0, "current balance:" + (string)llGetOwnerBalance());
> }

Then block it from LSL for now and just give us an external web service.
  I assume with this new http authentication cookie deal, we could do
this easier, right?

It's a pretty huge issue, the way we have to do it now is use Curl to
log in to the actual SL web site, and bang on the balance there.  That
surely creates more load!

-Jason