[sldev] Roadmap: 1.19.0 Viewer

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Wed Jan 9 20:23:22 PST 2008

Latif Khalifa wrote:

> Again, understanding the desire to standardize, I think that the
> current behavior should be considered the strength and not the
> weakness. And its a pure usability issue, the back end does not
> matter, its how its presented to the user in the viewer.

Unfortunately, the backend DOES matter, if it starts to interfere with
the ability to receive IMs at all.

I personaly prefer the behavior where I get notifications as well. But,
if the short-term "fix" requires them to make things less usable
interface-wise, in order to make them usable at all on the back-end, so
be it...

... AS LONG AS this isn't seen as anything but a bandaid that needs to
be taken off as soon as possible once the real fix is in place on the
back end.

Lawson