[sldev] Roadmap: 1.19.0 Viewer

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 06:13:09 PST 2008

On 2008-01-10, at 02:23, Matthew Dowd wrote:
> vi) One of the issues with the communicate window at the moment is
> tab clutter. This results in the window taking up too much valuable
> screen estate and IMs being overlooked since the flashing tab to
> indicate a new message gets lost amongst all the other tabs! One
> solution, I've proposed is to stack the tabs vertically (http://
> jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-3265), which was generally well
> received although it was suggested this should be optional (and
> I've not had a chance to revisit this).

I would have to patch the XUI to undo that... again... if that was done.

I already patch the XUI every time I install SL to get the contacts
tabs on the bottom, as in http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-1549.
I still don't understand why they rejected that one, it's just nested
tabs and not confusing at all.

I also make them tear off. That works well _for me_ but without
matching code changes I have to be careful what order I open windows
in, because it's possible to get SL confused and try and render into
a non-existent window, which crashes it.