[sldev] Compile as installer

Ryan Williams (Which) rdw at lindenlab.com
Fri Jan 25 10:38:05 PST 2008

alexander treptow wrote:
> Hi tobi,
> this should solve the problem. the script creates a packaged folder
> with a runable version of SL. I installed NSIS but it doesn't
> generates the "setup.exe".
> The packaged folder only contains app_settings, character, fonts,
> skins, my own folder, the llkdu.dll and my executeable. So it seems to
> work fine without all the other libs, like fmod.
>
> I dont know why the python script doesnt generates an .nsi file. as
> long as there is none it couldnt be started ^^
It does, actually, but deletes it to avoid mistakes like someone
checking in the generated file.  Here's the code that does the nsis part
(at line 330 of indra/newview/viewer_manifest.py):

self.replace_in("installers/windows/installer_template.nsi", tempfile, {
                        "%%VERSION%%":version_vars,
                        "%%GRID_VARS%%":grid_vars_template %
substitution_strings,
                        "%%INSTALL_FILES%%":self.nsi_file_commands(True),
                        "%%DELETE_FILES%%":self.nsi_file_commands(False)})

                NSIS_path = 'C:\\Program Files\\NSIS\\makensis.exe'
                self.run_command('"' + proper_windows_path(NSIS_path) +
'" ' + self.dst_path_of(tempfile))
                self.remove(self.dst_path_of(tempfile))

If you comment out that last line, it'll leave the generated nsi file
around.  Probably room for a debug flag here or something.

Might want to watch the script's output because it will print any error
messages coming from running nsis.

-RYaN