[sldev] Google data exchange format

Christian Scholz / Tao Takashi (SL) tao.takashi at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 9 16:29:35 PDT 2008

Indeed, thanks for the link!
I just tried out the Python version and tried to got it running inside
a buildout. Works now but could be packaged better IMHO.
I might test this with pyogp by implementing a new serializer with it.

As what serialization to use is still a question though as all have
their advantages and disadvantages. e.g. JSON would have the advantage
of being known to many developers. But Google has some weight so
protobuf might also be somewhat known very soon while LLSD probably
not so much. As for efficiency it will probably also come down to
protobuf.

But as OGP hopefully allows not only one serialization it should be
fine. We just need a way to let components find out what
serializations are supported.

-- Tao

--
Christian Scholz